Easily add Steel Shapes to Building and Wall Sections.
Steel Shapes is a dialog-based App that gives Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and others who need the ability to add structural steel shapes in their drawings for wall sections, building sections, elevations or details. For retrofits in older existing building applications, the AISC Historic database is included.
With Structural Shapes module, you can replace 1,000′s of blocks!
Considering that this App creates steel shapes in plan, section, elevation, single line and 3D solids — that you need to complete your plans, elevations, wall sections, building sections and details. All in one convenient dialog interface. No more searching through pull-down menus. No more looking through toolbars for the right detail.
Other Steel Detailing Modules:
With Structural Shapes, you can:
- Create shapes in plan, section, elevation or single line plan and section as required.
- Create simple or complex shapes made from a single non-segmented polyline.
- Shapes are created as an AutoCAD block to keep file size minimized.
- Ability to cope ends of W-Shapes in elevation view.
- List shape properties from drawing after shape placement or within dialog box.
- All shapes are created parametrically from external data files.
- Shapes are attached to cursor based on insertion point selected and rotated after placement.
- Automatic shape notation by selecting inserted shape.
- User defined dimensions for shapes placed in details that accent features to small when plotted.
- Shapes can be drawn with the fillets or without them for floor plans.
- A widget feature allows you to draw a portion of the shape in a single line for easier detailing.
- A grid option allows the user to select a steel shape to be placed at the intersection of grid lines.
You have to have the right tools to work with to do your job efficiently and effectively. As a drafting professional, I know how important it is to have the right tools at your fingertips. All SoftDraft applications are based on real world experience.
The quicker you get your plans done, the quicker the builder or contractor can get approval and start building. Having just one or two of these applications can drastically cut the time you’re spending on drafting – which means that the entire building process is made more efficient.
Multiple Insertion Points Include:
Simple select the specific insertion point required for the steel shape placement, from the pull-down list, and the steel shape is attached to your cursor at that location for placement in your detail.
- Top Left
- Top Center
- Top Right
- Bottom Left
- Bottom Center
- Bottom Right
Steel2K Dialog Section View
Steel2K Dialog Plan View
Steel2K Dialog Elevation View
Shapes Libraries include:
- LRFDV15 AISC (included in LRFD14 database)
- LRFDV14 AISC
- LRFDV13 AISC
- LRFD3 AISC
- LRFD2 AISC
- LRFD1 AISC
- ASD9 AISC
- ASD8 AISC
- ASD7 AISC
- ASD6 AISC
- ASD5 AISC
- LRFDV14 MAISC
- LRFDV13 MAISC
- LRFD3 MAISC